Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Where Are We?

tortricidae Offline

Threads: 15
Find
Thread Status: Closed
Players involved: haji; aquarius
Characters involved: Faolan (haji); Auxina (aquarius)
Setting: The plains beyond Linosea Forest.
Time: Midday
Weather: Clear skies. There are dragons hunting in the far distance.

---

Jaraleth was growing more hostile as Faolan wandered around for longer periods of time. The dragon that lived out on the plains were hunting closer and closer to the settlement and panic rose in the ranks. G'reg had been slacking with the protection of his territory, but that was an expected development. Faolan had seen it coming and G'reg had hinted at it.

However, it didn't make trading any easier with the residents of Jaraleth. Faolan was going to have to travel back out into the plains to find G'reg, who'd been hiding for weeks. There were only whispers in the corner of Faolan's mind, hushed and aggressive, but it was getting to a breaking point. He hadn't realized how much G'reg was a part of him.

He had a pack of supplies. If he was going to go find G'reg, then he was going to have to look very hard and carefully. Maybe he'd find a few clues along the way. Like maybe someone who had seen G'reg at all.

Was that even a real possibility? in a plain so large and sparse? It was worth a shot. Faolan, supplies strapped to his back and compass in hand, set out from Jaraleth northeast. The hunt was on so to speak.

Aquarius Offline

Famine Demon Lord

Threads: 11
Find
Auxina held a stick in her hand playfully swaying it around, as she appeared bored at the moment roaming the linosea forest she'd skip a few times and paused as a butterfly flown right on her nose.  As she then smiled brightly a giggle emitted from her mouth,"  Hi there little guy, I'm Auxina, will you be my friend? It's pretty lonely out here in these woods" she'd say in a happily tone.

As the butterfly flapped it's wings and zoomed in another direction Auxina became startled and fell instantly face first as she attempted to reach out and grab him. She'd rub her face as she was in minor pain on her nose, as she saw the butterfly continuing to go onward her bat wings flapped soaring following it in pursuit, surprisingly the butterfly was cleverly fast zig zagging in many areas. 

Auxina pouted while folding her arms making a childish depressive expression as she thought the butterfly didn't like her, however suddenly she descended too low and slipped twirling on the ground dust fluttered in a trail behind her. As she sent herself rolling like a barrel she saw someone in the northeastern area of the forest, he appeared to look elf like seemingly in a pose in which he must've been looking for something. Her body was coming right at him and if he didn't move out the way she'd surely knock right in to him, being clumsy as usual.

tortricidae Offline

Find
Faolan skirted out of the way, though it wasn't that difficult when there was an enormous disturbance to accompany whatever it was that was tumbling out of the sky. It had wings? There was a lot of dust. It didn't look like a dragon and it most certainly wasn't G'reg.

He kept his distance, bow in hand, arrow swiftly being notched in and pulled, though not taut. Once glance upwards, and he determined there weren't any other threats...if this even counted as one. It was almost comical, but he was quite clearly alarmed and willing to defend himself if need be. However, there was no way they were going to get closer.

Faolan would wait for the creature - the demon? - to stand.

Linosea was silent otherwise, the scurrying animals having fled in the cacophony of noise and dust. There was a gentle breeze, and the leaves in the highest part of the canopy rustled softly. G'reg would probably have to wait.

Aquarius Offline

Famine Demon Lord

Find
As the elf like creature evaded from being flatten, figuratively speaking, she landed on the ground in which dust bursted a with feet in radius, as she lifted herself up carefully she groaned as she was a bit in pain yet it was still nothing she couldn't handle. Auxina turned her head over to see that the butterfly had fled from her completely, her red and green eye narrowed in disappointment of such embarrassment," Stupid bug.... I'll find me a different friend then.."she continued," Hmph" she'd say while crossing her arms. 

Suddenly the dust cleared with her and another being of close proximity towards one another, she blinked a few times as she noticed him and gave off a bright smile, she had never seen some one like him in which then she became entirely intrigued by his presence overall. Auxina flapped her bat wings hovering a bit, she would then start to circle around him staring up and down analyzing him if you will," You look like your about to do some hunting, what an awesome bow! What's your name?, Mines Auxina and I'm a Bat Bellonese, traveling antarsia for a place to call home!" she'd say in a rather fast pace quite enthusiastic as she often did as such when she meets people.

tortricidae Offline

Find
Faolan wasn't exactly sure if this person - this woman - was being serious or not. She had just plummeted to the earth from the sky and she was ready to go about her business and fixate on him. His weapon was put away at once. This bellonese probably meant no harm. She spoke childishly and a little too fast. He'd just have to be patient.

"Faolan," he replied. "I'm a Pren Elf. Are you...are you okay? You just fell."

He still kept his distance even though his bow was away and his arrow was quivered. He wouldn't hesitate to redraw an arrow if Auxina proved to actually be dangerous, but again, he doubted that. She had mentioned that she had been looking for a home. But what home could there be for a bellonese? He'd never even heard of that before.

She must have come from a different continent. Maybe one far far outside of Linosea Forest and Katakarthia. Maybe from the west? That had to be it.

Aquarius Offline

Famine Demon Lord

Find
Auxina's heart beamed in delight as he spoken to her," Faolan?!?! I LOVE THAT NAME! What does it mean?! Is it some sort of traditional name passed down by your parents?!?". She would then descend gracefully back upon the ground while clenching her palms together she would start to stare at Faolan while skipping in circles around him," What's a Pren Elf? Are they tall? I hear eleves are really really tall like giants even! What's the difference between a Pren Elf and other elves? Are you guys stronger? Oooo your very interesting.." she'd rapidly say being rather excessively talkative.

As she did notice pain in her lower part of her body she didn't mind it for some reason," Ahhh it's nothing, I fall from high places all the time, sometimes I'm injured and sometimes I just ignore the pain and let it go away on it's own tehe" she'd explain. As she became even more curious it seemed as though she was taking a lot of his time up," So whatcha doing out here? Are yah gonna hunt? Your gonna go to a feast? Your looking for something? can I come?! can I? can I?!?!" she'd say with a cheerful smile.

tortricidae Offline

Find
Was this a child? Faolan pinched the bridge of his nose as Auxina flitted around him. "It's just a name. It doesn't have any special meaning."

This was already a mistake on his part. A child roaming around alone in the wild wasn't a good sign, but there was no way he was going to attempt to take responsibility for her when she was fully capable - at the very least - of staying out of danger. If she had come from the direction of the plains, it was a wonder a dragon hadn't snatched her up and eaten her.

As soon as she had invited herself, Faolan sighed, again pinching the bridge of his nose so the sigh sounded more like a rattling whistle through his nostrils. He wasn't going to be driving her away anytime soon, so trying to wrestle with a child's logic was out of the question.

"I suppose you can come," Faolan said. "Stop. Stop zooming around, though. You have to be calm and quiet." Because that would work, right? "I'm looking for someone important to me. He's out in the plains somewhere, so I'm going to find him. You can't fly out there, though, because the dragons will eat you for a snack. Understand?"

Aquarius Offline

Famine Demon Lord

Find
Auxina's different colored eyes beamed in delight as he agreed to her companying him on his search to look for his supposable friend she thought, as she stopped skipping around him she would then start to laugh softly a bit as he spoke," Ok I'll be-" she'd put a finger to her mouth while shushing herself humourously," Quiet tehe!" she'd say with a giggle. She pounced up and down feeling pumped up for first meeting someone along with actually having a adventure as well with him, Faolan seemed like the dismissive silent type which could've proved to be no fun however she would have to wait and see about that.

As he informed her about the bloodthirsty dragons out in the plains she would smile brightly while twirling about," That's okay, I love dragons! I road a few that were really super   friendly to me! While some were meanies...BUT! Okie I'll be quiet" she'd then say still giggling lowly.

Auxina awaited for him to start heading in a direction so she could follow him.

tortricidae Offline

Find
"You might not love this one, lass," Faolan said.

They would have to go out now. He strapped his bow to his back and adjusted his bag before heading towards the grasses. There was a huge swathe of short grass before the plains would engulf a traveler and this was the most dangerous time to be seen out in the open. Dragons didn't care very much about what they ate so long as they were full.

And with G'reg not answering him, he was feeling a bit lost. It was hard when you've been with someone for twenty-five years and they suddenly seem to disappear. If G'reg was punishing him for something - and he very well might be - Faolan felt like garbage thinking about how much he was pining for the old dragon's attention.

"I mean it, Auxina," Faolan said as he broke through the treeline, eyes on the sky. "Dragons around here are not the friend making type. They are vicious and sometimes appear uncivilized.

"Where are your parents?"

Aquarius Offline

Famine Demon Lord

Find
Auxina saw how bothered Faolan must've been, he couldn't find his friend after all and if she lost a friend dear to her she would mostly do the same as him. Her love for dragons grew over time as she ventured in the open world of antarsia as a child, she experinced a few bad apples from the tree however always managed to get out of a situation due to her abilties. 

Suddenly she almost bursted out in laughter however she held it in as he called her lass," Tehe, lass, will yah lass long in this wilderness, or at lass we made it to the promise land" she said trying to give some good puns however deep down she knew they were bad herself but she didn't care.

Auxina folded her arms and stomped on the ground being a bit of a whine brat," Hey! Dragons aren't all mean! theyare just like us really, get to know some dragons that I know and you'll see!" she said with a fit of slight rage. As her parents were asked, she suddenly would shut up looking off at the the side, as she thought about them and how they abandoned her for being different, she would sigh under her breath," let's just go..." she'd then say continuing to follow him throughout the treeline.