Menu

Announcements

The Mega Update™ is here! We've been working on this for months now, and have a lot of surprises for you all! Check it out HERE! (May 16, 2019)

Happy 1st Birthday Antarsia! What better way to celebrate than with a newsletter full of updates? All of this and more can be found HERE. (January 08, 2018)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] Iron Grog Inn [Open]

CommanderHorvat Offline

Threads: 8
Find
Thread Status: Open Players involved: CommanderHorvat, PikkuCharacters involved: Drustan Waldhar (CommanderHorvat), Hiro (Pikku)
Setting: Prerio City, Iron Grog Inn Time: Current-Morning Weather: Average

In the city of Prerio, on a small side street, is a break in the white marble that makes up so much of the city. Nestled between to larger buildings is a small plot of land, with grass and even an old oak tree. On this land is a building that wouldn't seem out of place at a cross roads, where travelers would stay for the night before continuing on to where ever the were headed. It is a modest, two story affair with a stable for three horses turning it into an L. Hanging over the door is a lightly weathered sign depicting a tankard filled with what looks like molten iron, the words 'Iron Grog Inn' etched into it's side. In side the fire is kept going while food and drink is served by an odd man who refuses to be dead.

Pikku Offline

Kit

Find

Hiro walked into the bar. Well, walked was a bit of a generous term. It was more akin to dragging himself inside the bar, all slouched and solemn. He sat down at the bar, slumped his face to the bartop, sloppily slapped a few coins down and uttered a phrase that almost sounded like "Drink." Finally shifting a little bit more, he sighed to himself, seemingly lost in thought, pondering all sorts of mysterious things. Or, he was traumatized and trying to cope. He just seemed... Emotionally and physically deflated.

Antarsia

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
Drustan grabbed a clean mug and filled it up with the practiced ease that only comes from several life times of bar-tending. He then proceeded to slam it down on the counter just hard enough that the perfect amount sloshed out, sliding it down to his customer, the tankard spinning so that when it came to a rest dead center before him the handle was pointed at his dominant hand. Only then did he speak. "So, what's gotcha feelin so down? Bloke saw through your illusion?" He picked up the same tankard he was holding when Hiro entered, continuing to polish it with an old rag.

Pikku Offline

Kit

Find

Hiro moved his head, not quite raising it, moving it to look at the Bartender. "I found out my closest friend was an Oracle, the same day she died because of it." He mumbled, staring at the amber liquid a moment more before sitting up enough to chug it down, grunting as he finished. "Now she's gone forever and I don't know what to do." He laid his head back down, looking at the now drained tankard. "Maybe I could have done something. I just... If I had woken up, or... or if..." his eyes watered, sniffling a little.

"There could have been something-- I should have done something. I..." He sighed, moving a few more coins onto the table. "Another Drink, please."

Antarsia

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
He shook his head sadly. "Nah, lad, ya wouldn't have been able ta do jack shit. Look, when ya 'ave been round long as I have, ya pick up on a thing or two. 'nd let me say, either t'as the gods doin or it was somethin 'orse." He sighed, he never was good at this, even with so many years behind him, his face taking a sorrowful and understanding look, like one who has lost many. " 'ay ya did intervein, what would 'at 'ave done? Stead of one body, there would be two. Ya said she was ya friend? Well, I don't think ya bein dead would make 'er feel any better. Na, 'ts better for er this way, 'ere one of ya stays 'live. Look, I know 't won much help, but I c'n give ya a  free meal 'n a bed for the night. Luckly 'or you, the tax men 'void this place like it is 'uanted." As he said this, a log flipped itself into the hearth. He walked into the back room and came back with a bowl of full of a hearty broth and a plate of black and crunchy bacon, the sort that certain Captains of Certain City watches loved.

Pikku Offline

Kit

Find

Hiro opened his mouth to argue the Ghost's Innkeep's kind words, but shut it again, sighing. He knew that he was right, but he couldn't help those nagging thoughts. "I could have at least been there for her. Some friend I am, not even being there for her when she died." He mumbled, still looking glum. He blinked then the broth and bacon was moved in front of him, as the other part of the innkeep's words reached his mind. "Oh! No, No, I couldn't. I... Let me pay for it at least. I just... I just need to figure out what I'm going to do." He said, scrambling for his coin purse.

He scrambled to put the coins out, but then looked on the broth. "... I still don't get it, though. Why did she have to die? She had so much ahead of her. We were gonna go across the sea, and see so many sights..."

Antarsia

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
He looked confused, like he couldn't understand why someone would refuse a free room and board, but shrugged and took the coin. " Know 'ow many friends e've been with when 'ey died? Out of ta 'thousands? Bout three or four. 'ost people aren't, less 'ey die o' old age, 'nd even then... Why does any one 'ave ta die? 'imple, cause death exists." He polished the tankard in silence for a moment or two before continuing. " 'ow where ya planin on goin cross the sea? On one of 'ose teleportation 'ings? I 'ould take a boat. Don't trust 'em. 'ow do you know its 'eally you 'o comes out the otha end? 'ow do you know it ain't just a 'ouless 'usk?" He shook his head. "Na, not 'or me. I will risk 'ettin eaten ova 'at any day." He put down the tankard and rag, leaning in conspiratorially. "Ya know what I think, ya know what I 'ink? I think that 'ere is gonna be 'ome major conflict. I 'erd simmilar things round the first time one of the groups 'o gods tried to take ova."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
He'd been lingering in the doorway for some time. It would have been pretty awkward to just walk in in the middle of their heartfelt conversation, all chipper and eager for a drink. Gods, this poor kid was friends with the oracle that ate it in the square? Well, he had one thing to say about that...

"Kid," he began, his voice low and smooth, "Trus' me, you ain't wanna see whad happen to ya frien. Not a pretty picture." The man slid into the stool next to the grieving kitsune, and gave the barkeep a sideways glance as he gestured towards the glasses with his chin. "Give da kid anotha on me. I'll take ya strongest drink." His words weren't pretty, but he was trying to help, in his own unique way.

The stranger rested his elbow on the bar, and rolled a golden coin between his dark fingers. He was a rugged man, with messy blond hair sticking out between the folds of the scarf wrapped around his head. "Name's Rouge," he said to both men, or whoever was listening. "An' I'm sorry 'bout ya frien', kid, but ya really don wanna see her as is. Cher's body is still in da square. Erreone too scared ta touch her, so dey're waitin' for, I'unno. Ain't like this out in da desert. We ain't got no oracles."

He clapped a hand on Hiro's shoulder and gave a solemn nod. "We'cn make a toast ta ya frien'. What's her name?"

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
He shifted so the heavy wooden club under the bar was a bit closer at hand, this was an iffy individual, if his experience with hundreds of others was anything to go by. Coin was coin though, and if this individual wanted the strongest, so be it. He went into the back and poured a tankard of the strongest there was, Dragon Brew, called such because a barrel could leave ten dwarves black out drunk. It was rare and expensive though. "Ya gonna need ta give me two more a those for a tankard o' this stuff." He held it out of reach, the only reason for his pouring it is the knowledge that this 'Rouge' likely had enough coin. " 'nd don't blame me for what this does ta ya."

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
"Ya treat all ya customers like dis?" Rouge said with a sigh as he set three golden coins on the bar with his free hand, brows raised as high as they could go. "Or'm I jus' dat special?" He flashed the man a crooked grin as he continued to roll the same coin between his fingers. Ah, good ol' racism. Seemed to exist even out of the desert.

Good to know humans never changed, even the dead ones.

Though he supposed his I-just-rolled-out-of-bed look wasn't exactly helping. The scruffy man gave his chin a scratch, muttering to himself about how he should probably shave. "An' like I said, pour da boy anotha' on me. If he gonna drink himself stupid, he might as well do it in style. We all friens here, no?" His stormy green eyes never left Drustan as he placed more gold on the counter. If the man wa concerned about Rouge not payin' up? Well, Rouge'd just go ahead and prove him stupid.