Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

What Happens Next

Kila Offline

Sphinx Queen

Threads: 83
Website Find
Var

"A terrible day for rain indeed," the wolf replied coolly, his eyes leaking as tears again streamed down his face. They burned hot, They stung his skin as they soaked through his fur, but none would see him cry. His pelt was too dark, the trails of tears lost among the darkness of Var's very being.

He rose to his paws, a towering figure among the other wolves. They needed him. Now more than ever, in this cruel hand dealt to them by the very goddess they sought for protection.

No Var, he thought, you must not let yourself give in to doubt. Feaya has to have had her reasons, otherwise...

The potential answers made his blood run cold.

Pushing them aside, the wolf sat next to Lyth, curling his tail around her as he crooned, "I know, my sweet. It is a hard truth to bear." He nuzzled the pup's neck, breathing heavily into her fur. She was likely cold; scared, too. His poor daughter. His poor packmates...

The Enkratis had never suffered a blow like this before. Not in the many hundreds of years he'd lived among them. The devastation, the heartache...

And then Cyan spoke out. Var's lips curled into a snarl as his hackles bristled.

"What know you of guidance, pup?" He shot back, rising to all fours with his tail held high. "You who have only briefly been among your own people?" A deep growl rumbled within his throat. "You speak as though you knew her well, pup, but I can assure you, you know nothing of her or what she was." Var huffed through his nose, blowing smoke as the temperature around him rose, drying his fur and the fur of those around him. "You are not fit to lead, little prince. And you will never be half the leader she was, royal blood or no." His eyes were cold; unyielding. There was much to do, and the pack did indeed need guidance.

He spat embers onto a pile of dry wood, igniting a fire and casting warmth into the cold den.

Feeling Shade's eyes upon him, the wolf gave a nod. "Shade," he barked, "I need you on border patrol with Stitches. If you come across any others, bring them with you." Turning his attention to the rest of the pack, he continued. "The rest of you, gather around the fire and warm yourselves. Even though the sun still warms us, the days shorten as winter draws closer. I don't want anyone falling ill."

Pacing around one end of the fire, the wolf shook himself. "I fear the Chortari may try and attack us in our time of weakness. It certainly wouldn't be the first time..." He trailed off, recalling visions of gnashing white teeth spilling blood on the soil of the borderlands. "No one goes anywhere alone. Travel in groups of three. Young ones, stay in the den." His gaze fell pointedly on Lyth.

"Any questions?"

Messages In This Thread
What Happens Next - by Kila - 08-20-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by Psychoticmist - 08-22-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: What Happens Next - by Aquarius - 08-26-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by Andromeda - 09-04-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by King Fury - 09-08-2017, 11:43 AM
RE: What Happens Next - by Kila - 09-12-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by xavols33333333 - 02-25-2024, 02:13 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by xavols33333333 - 03-01-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: What Happens Next - by xavols33333333 - 05-01-2024, 04:31 PM