Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Interview with a Vampire

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find

The seconds between Oliver's revelation and Kazu's response were all too long, even though Oliver was used to introducing himself this way by now. However, the response he had come to expect never came. Instead, Kazu laughed, and Oliver was taken aback by how easily his potential employer was able to dismiss the concern. "Is that all?" he said, as if being a vampire was the same as having a minor allergy. This conversation certainly never played out this way before, and it was at this moment that Oliver knew that he was in for a completely different experience than he had known in his career in the past.

Unsure of what to say, Oliver wordlessly followed Kazu as he was led to where the interview would be conducted. The nervous man whom had answered the door was gone now, replaced by someone more confident and animated, a character that better matched the refined place he lived in. Looking around, Oliver took in the expensive and beautifully arranged decorations, the trinkets that certainly came from all corners of the world, the rare and interesting trinkets. It was unlike anything the butler had seen before, even in his extensive experience. It was useless to try and predict what the interview would be like, because so far, nothing had gone as expected.

The study was a little different, and Oliver instantly became aware of why his services were needed. What a mess! There were books and scrolls all over the place, taking up almost all the space in the room. The place needed to be organized for functionality and even more importantly, dusted. Kazu hadn't been kidding when he described the problem, and gods was it a problem. Oliver could only imagine what other rooms in the mansion could look like and how much work he would be in for. Deciding to worry about it later, he took the seat offered to him and watched curiously as Kazu disappeared into the shadows in order to reach his own seat. You knew you had a problem when you had to become intangible just to access your desk.

Oliver continued his silent streak as he listened to Kazu discuss the terms of the positions. Never before had he been offered accommodations for his curse, but the rest was why he was in the business to begin with, so he nodded approvingly. Living a fairly high life and having his vampirism accepted and tended to for the price of some chores? Sold. Absolutely sold. No question. It was an added bonus that Kazu was an interesting man unlike any of Oliver's previous clients- Oliver definitely wanted to know more about this mysterious character. How could he turn this down? He couldn't.

"I've been doing this for hundreds of years," he began assuredly, relaxing in his seat as he became more and more comfortable with the idea of working here. "I am very good at what I do. I can have this place and your schedule organized and accessible with no trouble. I've never had a problem keeping up with busy clients, and really, I prefer the excitement. It isn't much fun to work for people who don't do much, you know? But anyway, you'd have nothing to worry about. I'd make sure of that."

Oliver

Messages In This Thread
Interview with a Vampire - by Kila - 07-19-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Sparx - 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Kila - 07-20-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Sparx - 07-27-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Kila - 07-27-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Sparx - 08-15-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Kila - 08-15-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Sparx - 08-28-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Kila - 08-28-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Interview with a Vampire - by Sparx - 09-18-2017, 12:50 PM