Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] Collective Troll

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Thread Status:(open/closed)
Players involved: commanderhorvat, KokoPuffs
Characters involved: Zagan, Khara Bayan
Setting: West Sleibte, northern area, between Vrocheros lake and Ellond lake
Time: Late morning, between 10:00-10:30
Weather: Sunny with a warmth to the chill air; soft puffs of clouds here and there in the sky

A shiver ran down the spine of a demon man sitting in the shadows of a tree; bright sun casting a few light sourches upon his grey skin through the various leaves above. One leg was left danging off a branch, while his other laid tucked under himself, keeping the delicate family jewels safe from the harsh bark. The day was still young, very young, but surely not as young as it could very well be. The sun was cast higher in the sky, slowly as it made it's way from horizon to horizon. Gods, though the light was fun, the shadows of the night were even better.

The demon groaned softly now, back leaning against harsh bark; at least the air was fresh enough up here, and the breeze from the north? Kept it from getting gods awfully warm as the summer would usually bring. Hell, the deserts were worse, but even THEY would get as cold as his little heart. Zagan snickered at the thought, causing a wide grin to gently stretch across his face.

Just sitting here, however, was as boring as boring could be; nothing to terrorize except the local wild life... that wasn't very fun really. What he wouldn't give for a humanoid creature to show up~

CommanderHorvat Offline

Threads: 14
Find
In the distance there is a rumbling of hooves and the guttural sound of an avalanche given voice. Despite its rough nature, this sound was a song sung by several voices belonging to a group of large figures entirely covered in cloth atop equally large horses. With them was a heard of large woolen beasts of burden and a falcon that circled over head, occasionally flying down to perch upon the shoulder of one of the figures.

As he lead his followers across the plain, Khara Bayan felt Eyes once more land upon his shoulder, this time bringing him news other than that of a particularly plump rodent, this time she had spotted a demon resting in one of the trees. While he hadn't had any significant contact with demons, Khara was well aware of the trouble that the could bring, sending Eyes to keep watch for other demons.

With a quick burst of feral magic, the caravan came to a halt, the other figures dismounting and beginning to set up structures on the open field as the Khan drew his bow, its metal form glinting in the light, and knocked an arrow the size of a human arm.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Anyone out here would have heard the sounds coming close, even a demon sitting in a damn tree; oh wait, he was that demon sitting in a damn tree. Yet, what the hell was even coming his way in the first place? It was loud, that was for certain, pounding of large hooves slamming atop the hard ground with each step they took. It wasn't the only thing, however. the singing? Gods, could that even be described as singing in the first place? His body shivered as a chill ran down his spine, may the gods have mercy on anyone who had to hear that.

He could only be glad to be hidden in the tree, at least... he could have assumed as much. Unfortunately he didn't even notice the falcon flying about the sky, and even if he had he would have just brushed it off as nothing; not as some scout for large men ridding horses across the land.

They were all in the distance now from him, though they weren't much in focus to himself; as some leaves surly hid them enough from his view. Zagan hadn't even noticed one readying an arrow, probably for him.

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
After the first few minutes, and when Eyes reported no other imminent threats, the Khan settled in to stand watch for the two hours it would take to assemble the yurts, the wind trailing his cloak behind him. While he could likely catch this potential foe unawares and gain the upper hand if he attacked now, the demon was just that, a potential foe. His people, while they could defend themselves and even potentially dispatch a demon, were vulnerable in the sun. He could not take that risk.

After almost an hour with no change in the demons movement, however, he began to worry. The smallest of the yurts were in place now, making a quick escape costly and difficult, but they were still in the process of setting up, meaning that any attack would catch them unawares. If there was going to be an attack, it would be soon and if the enemy acted first, the battle would already be lost.

With rough and unpracticed handwriting he scratched out a invitation to meet and discuss matters on a piece of hide before tying it to an arrow he quickly modified. He needed to be careful with the shot, as the weight of the message meant that it would have an unbalanced flight. To give himself a better shot Khara dismounted and extended his vitka to Eyes before releasing the shot.

Luckily the wind was calm at that moment as the arrow thuded into the tree just over a foot away from Zagan.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Nothing was happening in all this time, it was strange, he'd seen the giant figure knock the arrow, what seemed like forever ago, but do nothing with it. The demon was going to stay as close to the shadows as he very well could, he could use them if needed. There were plenty of them, and only one of him unfortunately. If any of them decided to attack, even just a couple; there was no doubt in his mind they'd be able to subdue him in no time flat.

Suddenly, the arrow had finally made it way towards him, but it didn't even come close to touching him at all. Damn, that thing was HUGE, just how big was this gang of men anyway? There was only so much he could see from where he sat, but they had to be giant in size for an arrow like this.

It caused him to shudder lightly at just the thought if it had been used to harm him, no doubt that would be a hard wound to come back from. Wait, what was this? Some kind of.. written note? On.. hide? Ugh, this was more than weird, but he took it instead; bright blue eyes scanning over the message. He wasn't sure what to make out of it, and invitation of some kind, yet it was better than just... having them attack him.

Zagan tossed the piece of hide down onto the ground, but he himself didn't drop from the tree; instead he turned into a large Philippine Eagle. He swooped down from the branch he was once on, making his way towards the band of large beings. Once close enough, to the one who shot the arrow, his form changed once again; into his humanoid one. With feet firmly planted on the ground, he gazed up at the figure; eyes never veering away. "What do you want?"

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
As the eagle flew towards him he mounted his steed once more and signaled for two of his followers to take up defensive positions in the event that thing went poorly. In contrast, the Khan returned his bow to its place on the saddle, for all intents and purposes seeming to have put away his weapon. He felt confident in his capabilities as a negotiator.

His steed startled as the eagle took humanoid form, backing away from the demon and tossing before Bayan exerted his control once more. As his eyes scanned the nubile figure before him, he was put further on his guard as he saw that the horned man was unarmed yet seemed to have the confidence of a hunter to their prey. 

Khara was not a un-intimidating either. He towered over this grey visitor and exuded an aura of dominance, in no small part aided by his feral magics. 

There was a few seconds of tense silence after the question was asked before it was broken by a deep chuckle. "That is something that my mentor would have asked. But I won't draw it out like she would. I want to talk." His voice was rough with an underlying velvet quality. "Firstly, I wish to know your name."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The small demon could only stare at the larger male before him, large blue eyes scanning over his form. He was large, and that enough was more to intimidate some. For Zagan though? It was going to take a lot more than this man's size to scare him, so much more. The grey demon kept his ground, tall, straight, and eyes locked in with the other. Show no fear at all, that was a good motto to have, especially for a demon of terror. A being use to causing fright in others.

A wide smirk cross over his large lips as he moved his body, stretching muscles and limbs. It was then his eyes scanned over the others of the group now, unknowing of what to think of them. It was nice to know how many he would have to deal with in case something went down. "My name? Why the fuck do you want something like that?" he raised a brow in curiosity, before letting out a purr like growl, "does it matter my name? I'm surprised you want to talk with a creature like me, most don't like that."

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
With a growl from the mounted mountain, the reddish bird turned to look at the large yurt, now almost complete. Unlike the smaller plain structure already set up, the tan exterior of this one was accentuated by vibrant geometric patterns circling around its exterior that seemed to depict a dragon. Eyes gave a short vocalization and the figured nodded, seeming to understand its feathered companion.

"I asked your name because I like to know who those I parley with are. As to why I wish to speak with you..." He gave the demon one more look over before turning his horse and heading to his yurt. "I am afraid that you will have to join me for some milk to find out." He proceeded to swiftly dismount and enter the tent, motioning for the demon to follow.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Eyes soon landed upon the bird, his pupils growing wide at the sigh. Ah, there was the reason for his presence being known, his cover was only blown by that damned bird. If he'd spotted it before it reported, it would be nothing but a pile of feathers and bones on the ground. The little shit, if his eyes could bore holes into things they would be now.

"Parley with a demon you say? You must surely be out of your very own mind then~" a scoffed, letting out a soft snicker following it, "I don't see how it will boast well for you, especially with your... people either." Ah fuck really? They were going to his yurt? A low growl rumbled through his chest, if he was caught inside with him... gods now he would be low on luck. He pushed whatever his mind thought and followed along, more than unsure of what would become to this.. meeting.

CommanderHorvat Offline

Find
The inside was near dark but for a pale green glow casting dancing shadows through the already dense haze of incense. In the center of the room is a low table with a meal for two set upon it. As the entry flap closes behind Zagan, the figure, head nearly brushing against the roof as he stands on the opposite side of the table, removes the wrappings around his head before pulling back his hood revealing a kind smile.

His face seems sharp and angled with skin that were it not for dim light coming from behind him, would almost blend into the tan interior of the yurt. Sitting down, he pours out two bowls of milk before continuing. "I am a troll. No, I do not eat babies, meat is not very inviting for my kind. The more detailed reason for wishing to meet with you is that I am aware of the rumors surrounding those of my breed as well as those surrounding your kin. I know better than to believe them all." 
While his words were inviting, he bow and quiver were close at hand. Rumors and lies were usually based in some amount of fact, after all.

"Welcome. I am Khara Bayan, Student of the Night Sky, founder of and head of Clan Bayan and Khan of the Astral Horde. Please, come sit."