Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] A Normal day, A Normal.... Death

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
Thread Status: (open/closed)
Andromeda and KokoPuffs:
Characters involved: Jabari-KokoPuffs/Deimos-Andromeda
Setting: Linosea forest outside of Elesseas
Time: Current, Mid-Morning
Weather: Clear skys, with soft clouding near he horizon

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
The ground was soft underfoot, the wind faint and with it scents filled the air. The moisture from the clouds above promised a beautiful day which meant the prey would be out and about. Predators scared them, but weather kept them buried in their homes afraid to see the world outside for the horrors a storm may hide.

There stood a man leaning against a tree waiting. His short red hair bright like a red berry or some others may say blood. His eyes burned like a warm fire as he watched the light filter down through the trees. He was waiting on someone. He was always waiting. They had agreed upon this place and time and here he would wait. He trusted his companion to keep their word with his life. 

He exhaled and soft white smoke rolled out of his nostrils. The smell of food was making him hungry. But this was as much as a hunting trip as a job. There was a prey balance that had to be monitored and maintained.

He shifted against the massive tree trying to get more comfortable.

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
It was probably a few minutes that he'd finally made his way into the dense forest, body climbing around large roots and fallen trees; a grunt or two escaping his lips as he'd done so. He was young, lean man; agile in his body and mind. There was no doubt he knew what he was doing, but there was someone he was meeting out here.

Jabari sighed softly, bow and quiver latched to his back; his dark skin gleamed in the sunlight that broke through the tree tops. Just the feeling of being in nature gave him a sense of peace, joy, and overall calmness. It wasn't long before he spoted the man who waited for him, his feet gently rushing him towards them as he called out.

"DEI!" he ran now, stopping just short of the much taller, burlier man, "didn't keep you waiting too long, did I? Got here as quick as I could, guess I got distracted on my way~" The young man's eyes gazed up to him, the wide smile on his face causing them to crinkle slightly; while his purple eyes bore into his own.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
The man had sat up straight upon seeing him. His orange eyes warm and welcoming and he gave a purr that was mixed with a small chuckle. "I was afraid you got lost on your way here. I don't mind the wait, but I would have just found you if needed." He smiled playfully, and gently moved to ruffle his hair. "I'm just glad you're safe is all."

He pulled back and ran his hand through his blood red hair. "Don't forget today is an important day for us. We have to thin the herds down a bit so the prey don't kill the trees in Elesseas. If that main tree dies..."

The dragon didn't finish but the legend went the world would end. The Pren were very protective over that one tree. The reason being lost to him but it was very significant and that was all that mattered.

"We could also use what we kill to feed ourselves, some of the orphans in nearby towns, sell the pelts and bones to get you some things you need. I don't want you to be needing anything. Let's use this to help you get more weapons and arrows," he said with a soft smile. As a dragon he never needed anything really. He just always tried to take care of Jabari. "And I also set it up so we will get paid for each we kill... a small price but something to add onto what we sell."

He waved his hand to show it was nothing to it. Deimos was good at this. He was good at handling things. "Now are you ready? I smell deer to the east and some boar to the south."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
"Me? Lost? Apparently you don't quite know me well enough," the young man scoffed playfully as his arms crossed over his chest, "I know this forest like the back of my hand! There's no way I'd get my ass lost around here, only a child would get lost to easily. Are you calling me a child?" He glared now, eyes squinting with feigned anger, just before letting out a chuckle at himself.

Jabari shook his head, hating the feeling of the other ruffling his hair like that, seeming to jumble the dreads upon his head. "ACK! Don't do that," he groaned like a child, annoyed, "yeah I know, there's no way I would allow that to happen to it. Not as long as I live at least. Get food in our bellies, some kids, and money in our pockets. What the hell could be better?"

The Elf-mix reached his arms into the air, allowing himself to stretch; joints cracking slightly with his movements. He inhaled a deep breath of air through his nose, exhaling moments after through his mouth; fuck this was such a lovely day, even if they were culling herds. Easy enough a task, especially for the two of them working together as a team.

"Hmmm?" his eyes met the other's own orange ones once again, a small smirk forming upon his lips, "ready? What kind of question is that? You know I was definitely BORN ready!"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"I don't know," Deimos teased. "I mean you might have been born yesterday with how long it took you to get to me." He smiled softly at the lad and walked past him walking slightly to the south west taking an almost bow like path. He wanted them down wind of the boar and yes the trek would be longer but they would be safer and the boar wouldn't run away or worst charge at Jabari.

He didn't want the lad hurt. He cared deeply for  him and always got really upset when he got hurt or even sick. It worried him as Jabari didn't have immortality. Age and diseases could kill him but Dei wanted to change that. He wanted to save him somehow. He wanted to take age out of the equation of death. Jabari was too pure to be lost to him. But every time he had tried to save his family in the past it hadn't succeeded. Immortality was not so easy to gain.

"And I never called you a child, but I'm glad to know you recognize what you are" the dragon looked over his shoulder and smirked. "You're my kid but honestly? As much as I complain about you to the grandfather's groups, I wouldn't trade you for another."

"Now ... you never told me but when you going to start dating? Surely some girl or guy must want you... I mean you're not that bad."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
The young man groaned lightly once again, just like kid who hated hearing what their parent was saying; especially when it came to talking about them. "UGH don't give me that, I got here in more than enough time," he frowned, following quickly behind the larger man, "I took my time on purpose, I like it out here rather than in any village, it's peaceful." Jabari scoffed, just thinking about being held up in any of the villages around here; rather have himself lost among the nature around him instead.

Jabari never he thought about his own mortality in any sense of the word, then again should he really care? Life was fleeting for so many other creatures, he was glad he'd live almost as long as his mother would. Longer his father, but shorter than his mother unfortunately. Yet, he knew well enough to know how Dei worried about him. Other any injury or sickness, no matter how nonthreatening they might have been.

He care for the dragon as well, he was more than like a father to him; a strong bond between the two of them, one he wouldn't ever want to get rid of. "WHAT?! You complain about me? How fucking ruuuuuuude!" Jabari let out a frustrated groan out into the open air, his own hand threading through his ombre dreads, "yeah, yeah, yeah, wouldn't trad you either."

It was true for him too, but just as Dei spoke again he scoffed... like the stubborn little shit he could be at times to him. "Does it really matter if I start dating or not?" he eyed the other, purple iris' behind squinted eyes, "wait, is that your way of calling me ugly? How sweet.. besides, I'm not just interesting right now, I don't want to be tied down to anyone."

The half-elf groaned softly, he couldn't find the interest he needed to want to date. Then again, there was no one that even caught his own eye, so even if there was SOMEONE who had interest in him; he might not feel the same way in that regard.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"I never called you ugly," the dragon chuckled. "Your words not mine. But if you need help getting a date... I could help you," The dragon teased him. "You'd be surprised what you could get for the right coin." He stepped over a branch and then jumped over a log and looked back at his bonded.

His bonded... funny story there. He wasn't always bonded to Jabari, but had been since the boy showed he wouldn't die young. He always gets a new master, but same family. He knew a lot about their medical history cause of his age. Five thousand years did have it's own perks and one of them being knowing the family he serves a bit too well.

"But seriously if you wanted me to pay for a date, I wouldn't tell anyone. Our secret, promise," the dragon said saluting the half-elf with the elven greeting giving him a small bow and a hand flurish before backing up a step and turning. 

"After all, you lineage must always contiune. I will protect you and your family as long as I live... No matter what happens I'll be here for you." He said this as he started walking again.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
I’m an instant the young man’s face seemed to turn a slight shade darker, the tattoo work almost masking the gentle blush on his face; though her practically scowled in the direction of his bonded. “Bullshit! You insinuated I was ugly! Don’t go around lying to me I’m not stupid,” he growled low in his throat, eyes looking away but for a moment, “I don’t want to be bought a date... I’m not interested!” 

Even the idea of having Dei think about buying him a date made Jabari cringe; there was no need, no need at all. Hell, who even knew what the would get him! Probably an incurable disease with his own damn luck, he frowned inwardly to himself at the thought. “No I DONT want you paying for a ‘date’ Dei,” he shook his head quickly, “if I’m going to have a date I’m not having it paid for, so no need for there to be any seeeecret.” 

He stuck it tongue out at the older male, his body still following suit as their walked along; his nose picking up subtle scents along the way. “UGH DEI ENOUGH!” he growled softly, “I don’t want to have a family or kids right now, ok? Can we just... fucking drop it now?” 

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Dei laughed and nodded. "Fine, fine. I think I have teased you enough." His eyes were warm as he walked. "I love you Kid. Even if you think no one does, I love you okay?" 

The dragon was always good natured typically. He'd tease Jabari but he'd stop if he felt the kid was getting too upset like now. He always worried the boy wouldn't tell him things at some point. When would the boy cut him out of his life? At some point he'd be an older man and Dei wouldn't get to enjoy these moments. Or so the dragon worried.

"We're getting close now... can you smell the boar or see signs of their coming through here," he asked. He was training the boy. As a dragon he smelled everything. He knew were they were.