Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] Until Silence Is Broken

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
"Nothing but my travels. I am allowed to do just about anything I want with my position so I was just enjoying the sights and sounds of my homeland," he  said and looked at her curious why she cared. Why did she even care what he did and why? He was just curious how his people reacted to things...

He was thinking of what she had tried to explain to him. It  seemed too ... complicated to be real. Why did any of this even mean? "Your relationship to him seems unhealthy... Why are you waiting on him exactly?"

Achera Offline

Monarch

Threads: 43
Find
She nodded as she took sips of her soup quietly. It seemed rational enough. It was a lot. Etter than her ramblings moments before. She played with her spoon in her bowl as she tried to think of an answer to him. Honestly she didn't know. It was just how things were with them. They were hard for others to understand so she didn't expect him to get it.

"We go far and few inbetween talking or even seeing each other. So on ocassion I'll look for him. Maybe looking on a battlefield wasn't my brightest idea..." She shly smiled as a bit of color rose in her cheeks at the comment. She went back to nibbling at her soup. "I didn't mean to cause you trouble... but our relationship is something I can't really describe. It's just how it is." Better question was why did he care? Or even have an opinion on it. He knew nothing of her beyond this conversation so what was he getting at?

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"To me it seems like you're putting your life on a line for someone that doesn't understand the value of a life. If he did then he'd have reached out to you by now and tried to contact you at the very least. The lack of either really worries me," he said as he watched her. "Are you sure he's a friend." 

It was an honest question. From where he was sitting he wasn't sure he could say the man was. What kind of man would allow a noncombatant so close to the fire zone knowing that they couldn't fight at all. True it was unmoral to kill a noncombatant but very few ever cared for morals on this battlefield where the girl had gone. It was dangerous there. A test of wills and who would crack first. Did she understand this? Did she know what was at stake on the battle field that she so willingly went to yet never having fought herself. Did she know the value of a life?

He was curious...

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Of course he didn't understand. She never expected him to. It made sense that the Lord didn't know who her friend was as a demon. No one understood their relationship. He was just another one to add to the many. "Again it's complicated, but it works for us and that's what matters," she replied. He was so interested in her business it was almost unsettling, but it could have been her nerves. She hated people questioning or asking about her life. She didn't know him so why would he be sitting and talking to her?

"Putting my life on the line well.. that was my own mistake. Nothing from his side. I can get irrational on occasion. Everyone does at some point. Either way does it matter? My own life is insignificant in relation to most of my acquaintances, even more so for a friend so who's the say I can't randomly jump in the middle of a war?" The side of her lip curled up a bit, forming a slight smile as she went back to sipping her soup. It was more of a joke to lighten the mood. She didn't know how well he'd take it or even if he'd notice.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
He blinked at her. She was joking? He hoped so... That wasn't something to be taken lightly. No one just jumped into the war unless they wanted. "Don't do that unless you are too afraid to fall on your own sword and need someone to do it for you," he told her. "Never join a war if you can't lift a blade and thrust it into the chest of another with little to no regard for the blood that will come and slowly flow down the blade and onto your finger caress you with it's warmth."

He ordered a hard drink for himself and chugged it before sighing. "Well do you think you'll ever find him or is this a lost cause? I could probably find him faster then you should I choose to..."

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Lia replied with the same blink he gave her and an arched brow. Did he see that because she was smaller than him that she couldn't fight? Wars were never her thing but if she wanted to she could always fight in one. She'd seen plenty of the carnage in the aftermath of them. The bloodlust in some men and women's eyes as they slaughtered angels while they repaid the debt. "If you're trying to scare me you might want to try harder." She waved off his words with little to no regard as she went back to simply eating.

She finished her bowl soon enough as she saw him down his drink. She raised her eyebrow once more. How much could this guy drink? "If you chose to is that right?" she asked curiously. Why would he say such a thing? "As much as I'd love to see you attempt that, it's a lost cause. I'll just wait for another note at some point and maybe see him. Who knows." She shrugged off the matter as she pulled her cloak around her a bit more. For now she'd see if there were jobs in town. If not, she was off to look once more.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"And what if he's dead?"

That was all he said but the question was simple. What if that was why she hadn't heard from her friend. The reality of what could be would be enough to keep anyone looking, but she had to accept it was a potential possibility where she liked it or not. Demons didn't just kill Angels and prey... If another annoyed them enough then well. Heh, there was no telling what they'd do. She had to consider the idea even if she didn't want to.

Then again... If he was dead then what would she do? Keep waiting forever?

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Lia stared at him blankly for a moment. She never would think of that as an option... Or at least she didn't let herself consider it. If he was dead she would know... somehow wouldn't she? She had accepted the idea a long time ago but she never tried to dwell on it. He was her only friend... well only true friend she had in a very long time. That's why she clung to him so much. He helped her more than he'd ever know. How could a stranger understand that?

"...If he is, then he is..." She didn't know how else to reply. He was her friend..

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"But what about you then? What will you do? From what I've seen this man means a lot to you and I do not understand why or what that means, but I do know you care for him. That is clear by the way you act," he said watching her. He placed an elbow on the table and leaned on his hand as he watched her curious. Those amber eyes soft. He wasn't in a fighting mood. He just wanted to know. "How about I make you a deal?"

Would she take the bait? He wasn't sure, but he did cast it out. Now it was all up to her.

Achera Offline

Monarch

Find
Lia shifted uncomfortably in her seat not liking where this was going. She didn't know how else to explain to him his importance without it sounding almost idiotic. She watched carefully as he adjusted. He wasn't threatening, but she never was that comfortable around men. "...I'll live on as I normally do," she replied hesitantly. She hated being within arm's reach. Still, the proposal of a deal perked her interest.

"What kind of deal are you talking about?" She was genuinely curious. What could he ever propose to her?