Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

i want the guts and glory, baby!

Sparx Offline

Threads: 17
Website Find
Thread Status: Open
Players involved: Sparx
Characters involved: James
Setting: East Sleibte, crossroads town somewhere between Ecuru and Nuru
Time: Current, early morning
Weather: Cool, thin fog

Quest Name: "You want what from where?"
Quest Reward: 800gp + ???
Times Quest Has Been Done: 0/1

The morning air was still cool with dew and a light blanket of fog as townspeople began to emerge from their houses and get to work for the day. The local bulletin board was largely ignored, as everyone had their own lives to worry about, with no time for the ridiculous, inconvenient, or even dangerous favors their neighbors couldn’t handle themselves.

Fortunately for those with requests, a young, scruffy man had just strolled into town looking for something ridiculous, inconvenient, or even dangerous to do. This traveler, who could not be much folder than adolescence, had a scrappy air about him, with eagerness in his bright blue eyes. While he mostly looked human, he had pointed ears that were not quite like an elf’s, and part of what made him seem fiery may have been the fact that he radiated heat like a

James was on the lookout for adventure, treasure, or even just something interesting. So, when he saw the lonely quest board with its scrawled pleads for assistance, he was immediately drawn in. Could there be monsters to slay? Bandits to drive off? Shiny rewards to be had?

...or just errands to run? The young man visibly drooped as he read through the various requests. Were townspeople really so boring that the only troubles they had were deliveries and herbs? None of these posts even required going very far away.

James was just about to give up and move on when he heard footsteps hurrying toward him.

“You there!” cried an odd looking woman who appeared to be wearing goggles over her glasses. She was carrying several books and scrolls, with even more tucked away in a bag. “You look like you’re looking for something to do!”

“Um, do you need something?” James replied. It looked like he was going to be roped into a boring favor after all.

“I’m a researcher,” began the woman. “And right now, I’m looking into a mythical dragon living under Lake Vrocheros. I need some supplies for my research, but obviously, I’m very busy, so I need someone else to get these things.”

“Dragon?” Now James was interested. A dragon living under a lake? That sounded weird, but cool. He had never heard of anything like it, though, to be fair, he hadn’t heard of very many things yet.

“Yes, a dragon, pay attention.” The woman somehow managed to shift her books to one arm long enough to pull out some sheets of parchment that she then thrust into James’ hands. “This is what I need. I marked everything on the map. I have a shipment of nixie essence waiting for me in Ecuru. Just show the confirmation letter to the people at the dock marked and they should give it to you. Then, and just hear me out, I need burnweed from the volcanoes up near the Eye of Jackroth. A lot of it. I know it sounds-“
“Is that it? Sounds easy, but I guess it could be fun. I’ve never been to Ecuru.”

The woman looked at James like he had just told her that fighting a frost cat blindfolded with your arms tied was easy. “Um, alright... well, I wrote down how much burnweed I need and how to harvest it so you don’t ruin the combusting bits. And if you make it back I’ll pay you plenty for your trouble!”

James thumbed through the pages he had been given. Ecuru for nixie essence, then the mountains for burnweed. Sounded simple enough- maybe not terribly exciting, but at least he would get to see a new place. And he was pretty sure he knew exactly where to find enough burnweed.

Maybe he’d meet some interesting company along the way?

Messages In This Thread
i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Sparx - 05-17-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Kila - 05-17-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by NekoNay - 05-24-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Sparx - 05-27-2019, 10:13 AM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Kila - 05-27-2019, 11:03 AM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by NekoNay - 05-28-2019, 04:37 PM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Sparx - 06-08-2019, 01:03 PM
RE: i want the guts and glory, baby! - by Kila - 06-10-2019, 12:17 PM
sites of essays - by Alexkt - 04-09-2024, 09:04 AM