Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

[M] A Normal day, A Normal.... Death

KokoPuffs Offline

Threads: 25
Find
Jabari shook his head softly the further he seemed to get with the deer, having tied them all together in... some sort of good time. Though, he could only wonder how worried Dei might have been getting, it only caused him to chuckle to himself at the thought. He worried so much, even about the littlest things that would happen. If he got sick? It was more like the world was going to end for the poor bonded dragon. Hell, the young man could do nothing more than stub his toe and Dei would be worried. It was ok though, having someone to worry about him was actually kind of nice.

Perhaps not has much as Dei did, bless his dragon heart, but nice none-the-less either. He smiled as he walked, hands pulling along at the ropes as the deer dragged across the earth below them. They left little welts in areas of not grass, they crushed grass as they passed as well; even leaving trails of blood in their wake. "Dei!" he called out, knowing his bonded was close, "I'm back!"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Threads: 74
Find
Dei has kind of been napping while he waited for his bonded. His worry for him was great yes, but if by this age Jabari could not take care of himself they had much bigger problems. He was also sure the boy would scream if he actually needed help. But Deimos had heard no such thing so he kept it going like nothing was wrong. Surely the boy could get in to that much trouble having only been gone from him for maybe half and hour tops and if longer definitely not an hour. The big dragon opened his eyes and lifted his head when he heard his name.

He gave an inquiry chirp and tilted as he looked at his bonded and he seemed to perked up. "You survived! I never doubted you... okay maybe a little but just a little I promise," he teased as he flexed his wings. This would bring some good coin at least. And lucky for both of them Dei preferred his meat fresh so he normally caught his own prey and didn't need to 'pay' for it. It helped save a lot of money that way. "Hurry in get those on my back so I can get us home and get us coin. Then we can go have some fun."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Jabari couldn't help to both roll his eyes and shake his head upon hearing Dei speak, not like he wasn't use to the dragon doubting him at this point; like he was expecting him to die at every damn turn. "UGH, come on Dei, I might be young but I'm not going to die just huntng a bunch of deer you know," he approached the large being, laying his kills down upon the ground before him, "some fun? What kind of fun would you even have in mind?"

The young man raised a curious brow at his bonded, unsure if he was all for this... fun that Dei seemed to want to have. Oh well, the only way to find out was the get this shit all done. So the younger of the two grabbed the kill, and skillfully tied them right along side the earlier kill; the boars. "There, happy now?" Jabari playfully spoke, only to then climb his way back onto the dragon's back, "now this time, don't be a dick... kay?"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Dei rolled his shoulders once they were all settled onto him. His orange eyes narrowed and before roaring and jumping up into the sky letting his wings catch the air. He looked down as the trees became smaller.

"I want to meet other dragons. Let's go hunt one once we finish this," Deimos said curious. "It's been a while since I saw another dragon and longer since I spoke to one." He flapped his wings every now and then but mostly was smoothly gliding in the air.

"What would you consider fun? We could do something for you too..."

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Soon enough they were in the sky, a place he was very use to at this point in his life. He let out a content sigh, ready to have this stuff sold, to eat, and bathe so he wouldn't have to longer smell like blood and gods know what. "You haven't met any other dragons? Here I thought you went out when I sleep at night," the boy shrugged his shoulders lightly, "I mean... I suppose that sounds just fine, as long as I don't get eaten by one."

Jabari stuck out his tongue at the thought of it, though he knew quite well Dei wouldn't allow something like that to happen to him. "Huh? You're asking me? I've lived around these forests too long to really have any... awareness of what could actually be fun," he leaned forward, resting his arms on Dei while resting his head in his arms, "I'm fine with whatever you got I guess, as long as we get to have a bath. It's all I'm asking for.."

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
"We should find you something fun to do," he teased his friend. "You're not too old to have fun.  Trust this old dragon if you would." He felt the breeze on his face and he exhaled a column of smoke from his nostrils as he watched the area ahead of him. He didn't want to miss their stop.

He slowly tilted his wings for a much slower landing than last time as he began to circle their normal landing spot. "I have met dragons before but I try to stay near you at all times. You're not immortal and your lifespan is small compared to mine. I put you before me most of the time... that's why I want to find a way to stop your aging if possible."

Finally he landed and it was much softer and smoother than eariler. Before he definitely was fucking with Jabari, but now he was just trying to keep their money safe.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Jabari wasn't even sure what fun could be had, at least around here; it was all pretty the same in the village it seemed, even the same people day in and day out. Once landed though, he allowed himself the slowly side off from the dragon's back; giving the older male a light patting on the way down as well. "Ugh, you use me as an excuse for everything..." the young man rolled his eyes with a huff, "yeah I know that, haven't been successful yet though, and I don't want you doing less just because of me."

There was so much more Dei could do if he wasn't always worried about him, about wanting to keep him from aging; a way to keep him in the dragon's life as to not worry of losing him. Hell, though Jabari was young he didn't hadn't found himself a mate to have children with. Even if he did... well... he wasn't even sure if he really wanted children anyway. Would that mean if he died, Dei would be alone? Gods, that was a thought he didn't really care to think about..

"If you want to meet more dragons then you really don't need to worry about me, not like I'm going to die while you're gone," he cringed at his own words, no way he should have put it like that, "I... you know what I mean..." Jabari huffed, to himself this time, as he began the process of untying their kill that day from the dragon.

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Dei stood still to let him take the kill off of him. The big dragon purred his tail tip twitching slightly enjoying himself in the moment. He loved all the smell of fresh kill and it did make him slightly hungry. He gave a small sigh and let out a large puff of black smoke.

"You might... your life is so small. To me your life feels so short compared to mine... and I worry I won't be there if you need me the most," he told the boy softly. "If I can't get to you in time... I want to protect you as best I can but if I'm gone then I can't do that."

His orange eyes were sad thinking of Jabari alone and him not able to get to him. His body shuddered as Jabari worked on the ropes.

KokoPuffs Offline

Find
Jabari could hear the sadness in the dragon's voice, he didn't even have to look the being in the eyes to know wha the was feeling right now; it almost made him feel bad for what he said. Hell, he did feel bad for it, but even then.. it was life, right? Even if his life was shorter than Dei's own, he wasn't born to be anything immortal like the dragon was. If lucky, Dei would find a way for him to be immortal as well... so he wouldn't worry about his smaller life.

To Jabari, his bonded's life seemed more important than his own ever did. He could do so much more than Jabari could even ever dream about. He was happy to have Dei as his bonded, always had been since it was passed down upon him when he was old enough. "Hey, see... you worry too much," he spoke in return, finally taking all the kill from the dragon, "I can fend for myself, what bad is going to happen around here anyway, right?"

The young half-elf motioned for the dragon to bring his head down, only to wrap his arms around his large snout as soon as he'd done so. "If anything ever happened to me, and you weren't around, I wouldn't blame you for it," he sighed softly, "just remember I love you, ok?"

Andromeda Offline

Monarch

Find
Once all the kill was off his back and Jabari let go him, the big dragon shifted back to human form. His orange eyes burned like dying embers holding on to some vain hope of rekindling in the coming storm.

He gently placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and tilted his head slightly and tried to smile. "Hey... I'm not going to let you die... don't worry about that," he said softly. "Because even though you won't blame me, I will still be liable for it. I can't let you die like that when I helped raise your little bratty ass."

He was putting on a brave face but losing Jabari and being given to another bonded or ... the worst ending scared him. He had so much left to do...