Menu

Announcements

We're undergoing a giant revamp! While things may be quiet and will take months of work, the site will be continuing under a sandbox until staff can roll out all the new changes. Join our Discord to catch some sneak peaks! (March 16, 2020)

Plot Highlights

The Angel Leaders are all meeting to discuss the war. Read about the outcome Here!
Zombies? Undead?! No! What are these things?! They look.... Alive?! HERE.
A third oracle has died! Aerithe, oracle of Zarkos, died publically in Prerio City square of what many believe to be suffocation. Read more about it HERE.
Oh no the queen! Head over to the Enkratis packlands to find out what happened HERE.
Disaster has struck at the Shrine of Jackroth! Find out what has happened to both oracle and God HERE.

Recent Posts

TBA
ADMIN: Andromeda
ADMIN: Achera
ADMIN: Kila
MOD: TBD
MOTM
CHOTM: Username
COTM: Username
TOTM: Username

Hunting For A Hunter

PeridotPhaeron Offline

Threads: 5
Find
Thread Status: Closed
Players involved: KingFury, PeridotPhaeron
Characters involved: Lizair Dawnbreaker (KingFury), Marik Silee (PeridotPhaeron)
Setting: Light Fortress gardens
Time: About 1:30 in the evening.
Weather: Clear for now, although a storm is clearly brewing on the horizon.

Marik Silee was thoroughly miserable. This had been a mistake. Everything about this was a mistake. He hadn't even been able to work up the courage to ask anyone if they knew the kind of person he was looking for. Everyone just seemed so... busy. No, that wasn't the right word, but he couldn't think of a better one. He bent down, examining one of the bushes. He didn't touch it- It seemed rather disrespectful- but he did see if could find a friend. No. Nobody was there. He stood up again, looking around the gardens. They were clean. Neat. Very, very bright. He wasn't even sure if they allowed trees in here, because they'd cast shade in this garden of... well, Light. Nothing out of its place. Nothing... wild. He'd thought, maybe, he'd be able to gather his courage in a place that felt a little like home... But it just did not feel the same, and he had no idea how he was ever going to do what he'd come here to do.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Threads: 33
Find
Lizair Dawnbreaker was making his way through the garden, trying to get practice moving around again. His limp had grown less pronounced finally, even though he could easily feel it slowing him down. He was wearing a long toga-like robe to conceal his scars, which refused to heal no matter how much the healers tried.

He stopped by one of the bushes of glowing flowers, gently reaching a hand down to turn one of the buds up so he could smell it. He did always love the gardens, even if he was a terrible gardener. He glanced around, spotting the unusual being in the garden quickly. A Kelahati? In the Light Fortress? He shrugged after a moment. It wasn't impossible, after all.

After a second, there was a flash of light. A woman, robed exactly like Liz was standing next to him. "Liz, you need to relax. You aren't recovered yet."

He shook his head. "That's how I recover. I need to be ready in case I run into another nest of those things, don't I?"

PeridotPhaeron Offline

Find
Marik jumped when he saw the flash of light, turning to see a man and a woman in long robes. Had they - No, they were talking to each other. That was good. He couldn't tell if they'd noticed him, so he decided that edging away slowly was a good idea.

He made it a few feet before realizing that, hey, here were two people who didn't seem all that busy, and who could probably at tell him where he could look. He glanced at them, then turned his attention to the nearest bush of flowers as he focused most of his attention on not hyperventilating. Okay. There were new people. He was going to have to talk to these new people in order to do his job. Alright. He could do this. Definitely.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Lizair frowned slightly. Serana had a bad habit of making good points, and she was right that he needed more time to recover. At the same time, he really didn't want to be cooped up in the tower again, waiting for the healers to fail to fix his injuries again. He was better off doing just about anything else. Fortunately, he had a reasonable distraction available in the form of a nervous-looking Kelahari.

"Hello there!" He turned to look in the Kelahari's direction, making it clear who he was addressing. "I don't think I've seen you here before." He tried to keep his tone light.

Serana gave him a glare that said this wasn't over, then turned to face the Kelahari, her body only slightly in front of Liz's in a somewhat protective manner.

PeridotPhaeron Offline

Find
Marik winced as the man turned to him, and shrank back a little when the woman turned as well. The woman didn't seem to be entirely happy right now. This was definitely a good thing. Totally. "U-um... hi..." he said quietly. Really, it was almost a whimper. "I'm... I'm not from around here. I... uh... uh..." He shuddered, then took a breath. He could do this. He had to do this. He looked up at the man, and said, "I'm... uh... I'm looking for someone... but... I didn't know where to look... so I came here." He tried not to pay too much attention to the woman, without ignoring her. She was rather intimidating, and while he really didn't want to go offending the scary lady who could make light explosions, or who was at least in the general area of light explosions and didn't seem bothered, at the same time, she was a scary lady who might be able to make light explosions.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Liz looked at Serana, who gave him a slight glare back. He stared at her for another moment, and she sighed and stepped out of the way. Liz turned back to the other man. "Who are you trying to find? I might be able to help you." He smiled slightly, trying to make the man relax. "I'm Lizair Dawnbreaker, and this is Serana."

Serana glared at him again, though Liz couldn't tell exactly why. After a moment, Serana growled at Liz and turned into a flash of light that turned back into a sword hilt and appeared on Liz's hip.

PeridotPhaeron Offline

Find
For a moment, he just stared, wide-eyed, at the sword- no, wait, Serana, he should call her by her name- on Lizair's hip. She had- she'd- what- how? Then he realized that he was being very rude, both by staring and completely ignoring Lizair, and this was a bad thing. He yanked his gaze back to Lizair, and began to ask about Serana, before thinking that they might get annoyed if he was to start asking that sort of thing. So, to actually answer the question. That was probably a safe idea. He hoped. "M-my name's Marik," he said. "A-and... I... I'm looking for... f-for..." The words caught in his throat. Even now, it was hard to say it. But he had to. For them. "F-for a m-m-monster hunter," he finished.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Liz looked down at Serana. Not a word. Then he looked up at the other man. "You need a monster hunter? What's the issue you need dealt with?" He stretched slightly, doing his best to hide the wincing as the healing injuries pulled.

PeridotPhaeron Offline

Find
Okay. So it looked like maybe he had found a hunter faster than he'd expected. He wasn't entirely sure if this was a good thing. Especially considering the looks Serana had been giving him. "I... I don't know exactly what did it. It was gone before I found... found the town. There was... it was..." his voice trembled, and he gulped, trying to get a hold of himself. "There was a lot of fire. And... and something else. It... it blasted apart houses... and... and the earth... and... and..." he looked down, and the last word didn't need to be spoken. Perhaps it was nerves, or the fact that looking straight at Lizair was rather difficult at the moment, but he didn't notice the man's pain.

King Fury Offline

Post-a-holic

Find
Liz looked down at Serana again, then sighed. "I'll help you out. I may not look it at the moment, but I am one of the strongest people here. Only...two stronger than me." He pointed to a nearby bench. "Wait there. I will return in a moment with my gear and we can go." Serana reformed back into the shape of a person and glared at him, but relented after a moment. Liz walked back into the palace, leaving Serana staring at the man.